If you are looking to take on a skydive charity challenge then look no further!
Why not take to the skies and jump out of a plane?
Tandem skydives are the most popular of all skydives – perfect for a newbie adrenaline junkie, as you’ll be strapped to a fully qualified instructor who does all the work, leaving you to enjoy the view!
Organised by Skyline Events, skydive for SNAP at one of their 19 airfields across the UK including Auchterarder, Brackley, Bridlington, Brigg, Cornwall, Durham, Errol, Grange-over-Sands, Haverfordwest, Honiton, Lancaster, Netheravon, Norwich, Nottingham, Peterborough, St. Andrews, Swansea and Whitchurch.
How much is a skydive?
Skyline suggests that each individual raise a minimum of £395 which covers:
- £71.50 deposit, to be paid to Skyline at the time of booking (this inc. £1.50 booking fee);
- £200 approx. jump cost (varies between airfields), this can be paid in cash on day of jump to the airfield or it can be invoiced to SNAP if you raise money online;
- £125 approx. sponsorship money either online or Skyline can collect this as a sponsorship cheque on the day on behalf of SNAP;
- Anything raised above the £395 also goes straight to the charity in donations.
How does it all work on the day?
Once you have your skydive booked in, Skyline will send you a confirmation email with everything you need to know. You can also check out Skyline’s FAQs which has lots of useful information to help you prepare for the big day!
Are there any height/weight restrictions?
Yes, each airfield has its own height and weight limits in place for safety reasons. Please check the Skyline website, and make sure you are aware of these limits for your local airfield before signing up.
What happens if the weather is bad on the day?
The one aspect of your day that is out of our control is definitely the weather – if the forecast is looking bad in the days leading up to your jump, you may be contacted by the airfield to reschedule. However, if you have not heard anything to the contrary, you must still turn up to your jump.
Kickstart your fundraising
To help with your fundraising, we have:
- a Fundraising Toolkit which has lots of helpful advice and information. Request by completing the form opposite.
- a handy guide for setting up a Just Giving page. When you go to search for SNAP as your cause just look out of our logo!
- Social media post – Download the image below (On a computer, simply right-click to save or hold and save, or screenshot and crop on a phone) and post to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or LinkedIn with the link to your Just Giving page.