What is it?
This 2.6 Challenge can be any activity you like! All you need to do is dream up one that’s based around the numbers 2.6 or 26 that suits you and complete it on Sunday 26th April – when the 40th London Marathon would have taken place.
You could run 2.6 miles as your daily exercise, keep a hoola hoop up for 260 seconds or how about going on a home or garden treasure hunt with your family to find 26 items that begin with one or all the letters in SNAP?!
Want to get involved? There are two options…
1) Take on a challenge and make a donation
If you would like to take part by completing a challenge and making a donation yourself, just click the button below that will take you to our JustGiving page.
Here you can make your donation and tell us all about your challenge. We can’t wait to hear how all our #SNAPHomeHeroes are getting involved!
2) Set up your own fundraising page and raise sponsorships for SNAP
If you would like to set up your own fundraising page so that you can collect sponsorships for your challenge and raise even more money for SNAP, just click the button below and it will take you to the official 2.6 Challenge JustGiving page.
You can share with your friends and family to show them how you’ll be supporting your favourite charity and why they should donate.
To find SNAP make sure you search Special Needs And Parents Limited. You will see our logo so you know it is us! If you just type SNAP you won’t be able to find us.
Please keep safe
Lockdown means you will need to do this at home – or during your hour’s daily exercise, providing you can do so safely and within Government guidelines.
If you need any assistance or help with coming up with ideas you can contact SNAP by emailing [email protected] or calling us on 01277 245345. We’re happy to help! You can also find out more information by visiting the official 2.6 challenge website.
“SNAP is so important to me and my family – That’s why we are going to do a scavenger hunt challenge and find 26 items around the house that start with the S.N.A.P letters. As a bonus challenge we might make it so the items have to match SNAP’s logo colours too!”
- Put some music on and dance for 26 minutes
- Throw and catch a ball 26 times in a row
- Complete a homemade 26 question quiz with your friends or family
- Come up with and perform a circus trick for 2.6 minutes
- Shoot 26 basketball or netball hoops
- Get 26 friends or family together for a virtual workout
- Complete 26 laps of the garden by foot, bike, scooter or roller skates
- Run 2.6 miles or for 2.6 minutes (indoors, outdoors or on the spot)
- Challenge yourself to 26… or 260 press-ups, sit-ups or whatever you like really
- Do 26 keepie uppies or headers
- Offer to teach someone a skill for 26 minutes over video chat
- Play music for 26 minutes either to your household or share it with the world
- Complete a virtual scavenger hunt, snapping 26 designated picturesIf you would like to donate to the team’s Just Giving page https://bit.ly/2VLcorC
- Play a 26 game tournament on your favourite video game
- Complete a scavenger hunt with 26 items starting with the S.N.A.P letters
- Host your own home or virtual Olympics with 26 epic challenges
- Run or Cycle 2.6 or 26km
- Organise a virtual board game such as battleships or scattergories with 26 rounds
- Bake 26 cupcakes
- Write a book of limericks in return for a £2.60 donation
- Hop, Skip, Jump or Cartwheel 26 feet (not in one go)
- Build an escape room and gives your contestants 26 minutes to escape
- Do Yoga or Pilates for 26 minutes
- Have a virtual cuppa with 26 friends
- Make a 26 or 260 item long domino chain
- Make a house of cards using 26 playing cards
The SNAP team took on their 2.6 Challenges too! 💜❤️💚🧡💛
🍪Alex baked 26 yummy biscuits
👟 Paula and her family ran 2.6 miles in 26 minutes
👟 Pam ran for 26 minutes non-stop
🌪 Ali hula hooped constantly for 26 minutes
🙌 Michelle learned to sign 26 words
💦 Meesh let her teenagers soak her with 26 water balloons
🥡 Kate pledged no take-away food for 26 days
👟 Christina completed 26,000 steps in under 2.6 days
👟 Sara also completed 26,000 steps in the same time
🌷 Liza planted 26 summer bulbs in her garden
🧸 Andrea knitted a 26 inch teddy bear scarf in 2.6 hours
👟 Karen walked 26 miles in a week
💃 Berni learnt 26 words in Spanish
👟 Jill jogged 80 garden laps (2.6K) and baked 26 biscuits with her family
🧁 Dale baked 26 yummy cupcakes
👟 Mary is walking 2.6 miles a day for 26 days
🤱 Sally and her new little family are also walking 2.6 miles for 26 days
🚴♂️ Callum cycled 2.6k and took a distance selfie with team mates Jill, Meesh, Berni, Alex, Sara and Karen!
The Terrific Truss family are going 26 hours without technology for their 2.6 challenge!
“This may sound easy, but trust me with a teenager Daughter who loves ‘selfies’ a Dad who’s glued to his phone and 2 Little Boy’s who love watching ‘steve and maggie’ (on repeat) and a Mum who enjoys TV soaps this will be a real challenge for us as a house especially during Lockdown. But nowhere near as hard as challenges are for people with autism ”
Find out more about their challenge on their JustGiving page: https://bit.ly/2YdQQ95
This family are getting everyone involved, even Nanny!
Amazing Albert will be walking for 26 minutes On the treadmill in two chunks of 13 minutes; magnificent Mum will be running/jogging/walking or crawling 2.6 miles, we will have to see how it goes on the day; determined Dad will be cycling 26km and Noble Nanny will be doing 2.6 miles on the treadmill.
Work together or set your own challenge and pick the activity and distance right for you. Anyone can get involved!
Find out more about their challenge on their JustGiving page: https://bit.ly/3ePltHJ
#GetTheGangTogether (in spirit)
These uni friends from around the country have got together to come up with some amazing challenges to do in aid of support SNAP. They include:
- 26 continuouse cartwheels
- 26 basketball hoops in 2.6 minutes
- 15 press-ups a minute for 26 minutes (390 in total!)
- reading 26 books in 2.6 months
- 26 reps exercise circuit, continuous for 26 minutes
- 26 double unders (skipping) in a row
They have 11 incredible challenges altogether and you can see them all on their JustGiving page: https://bit.ly/2xWIBmL
This Mother Daughter team are walking a staggering 26 miles – that’s a full marathon! Now don’t worry, it’s not all in one day. This delightful duo are using their one hour of daily exercise to spend some quality time together while they support their favourite charity.
Find out more about their challenge on their JustGiving page: https://bit.ly/3bBhIDG
Superstar baker Iris will be baking 26 delicious biscuits and decorating them with the SNAP logo. She is going to sell these (from a distance) so that she can spread some joy with these tasty treats while raising money for her favourite charity.
Sister Athina and her performing kitten Arctic will be working together to support SNAP by playing fetch 26 times. If anyone has a cat they’ll know this is quite a challenge!