There’s lots of great ways to get involved in supporting and raising awareness of SNAP
Week of 22nd – 29th June 2019 – Taking place everywhere!
We hope you, your family and friends will support this extra special addition to the SNAP calendar. Here’s a few ideas we have up our sleeves…
- Step out for SNAP – Set a personal target or take on this challenge with friends and family and get sponsored for your valiant efforts!
- Fun Mud Run for SNAP – Get muddy with the SNAP team in this exclusive event for SNAP supporters.
- Festival of Colour – Swap your school uniform for something more colourful and show your support for local families.
- Spread the word about SNAP at your school, business or community group with our fundraising toolkits
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn and help share the good work SNAP does and the ways people can get involved supporting us
If you have any other ideas for raising funds and awareness for SNAP please contact us at [email protected] as we’d be happy to help with guidance and support.
Organise an event for us
Whether you have an idea or just ‘wish’ to do something for SNAP, you can find inspiration and helpful tips in our fundraising toolkit. Our fundraising team can help you with guidance and support every step of the way.
Step out for SNAP
Go the distance to help SNAP in the long run! That’s the challenge SNAP is throwing out to supporters this summer – to take as many sponsored steps as you can over the coming weeks and months.
- Choose a distance
- Choose any active method of getting there
- Record your progress along the way
- Get sponsored for your valiant efforts!
How far you want to go and for how long is up to you; it’s a personal target that’s right for you and your circumstances. Whether by walking, pushchair, wheelchair, bike or trike, to school or work each day or making it to a friend’s house miles away, it’s your challenge.
Interested? We can send you instructions (including useful apps), a sponsorship form and JustGiving page details. We’ll be there to support and celebrate your achievement with you.
Contact [email protected] // 01277 245345
Get your school involved in supporting SNAP through Festival of Colour on Friday 28th June
Last June local schools supported SNAP for a fabulous day dressing in bright colours drawing attention to the great work we do for families in the community.
This year SNAP is celebrating its 25th Anniversary, having supported more than 5,000 families, and we hoping to make this special day even bigger and better.
“It’s very important for the school to play an active part in supporting the local community and SNAP is a cause we all believe in.””
“We gained support from our teachers and then set about making posters to place around the school. We went into classrooms and assemblies to explain what we were doing.”
“The run went really well on the day, everyone got into the spirit and we had just over 300 students taking part in the fun run.”